Project Grants were developed to provide funds to organisations and groups to develop and implement projects based on the Towards Zero 2008-2020, the State Government’s road safety strategy.
The amount funded is based on the Road Safety Community Grants Committee’s assessment of the application.
- Focus on one or more of the four cornerstones outlined in the recommended Towards Zero 2008-2020, the State Government’s road safety strategy;
- Relate to current road safety research;
- Demonstrate clear relevance to the target group;
- Use an approach that has previously been successful in achieving road safety objectives;
- Demonstrate widespread community support and participation;
- Demonstrate sustainability;
- Provide a contribution in cash or kind towards the project; and
- Demonstrate a regional focus for maximum impact.
Invoicing and Funding:
If your grant application is successful you are required to:
- Complete a Creditor Creation Form and submit an invoice within one month of the notification of a successful grant application (the Creditor Creation Form will be sent to you if your application is successful).
- Applicants will be required to sign a Declaration and Acceptance - Grant Terms and Conditions form within one month of the notification of a successful grant application.
- All grant applications are exclusive of GST.
A project evaluation report and a project acquittal form are to be submitted within three months of the project’s completion. Forms are available on this website.
If the project is for longer than six months it is a condition that the group complete an interim evaluation report every six months for the duration of the project, as well as submit a final evaluation report within three months of the completion of the project.
To apply for a project grant you will need to complete these forms: