Project Grants were developed to provide funds to organisations and groups to develop and implement projects based on the Towards Zero 2008-2020, the State Government’s road safety strategy.
The amount funded is based on the Road Safety Community Grants Committee’s assessment of the application.
- The potential to increase knowledge and change attitudes and behaviours to improve road safety.
- A focus on road safety promotion and the prevention of trauma using a population or community based approach with the aim of preventing road crashes causing serious injury and death across the state.
- Relate to current road safety research.
- Demonstrate clear relevance to the identified target group.
- Demonstrate widespread community support and participation.
- Demonstrate sustainability of the project after initial grant funding.
- The project translates as good value for money.
- The application addresses a gap in current road safety promotional activity.
- Provide a contribution in cash or kind towards the project.
- Demonstrate a regional focus for maximum impact.
- Road Safety Commission to approve each use of government logos and campaign artwork in all media releases, promotion, advertising and merchandise.
- Use an approach that has previously been successful in achieving road safety objectives.
- Include other planned road safety key activities such as advertising, broadcasts, promotion, online and public relations (this will also determine the funding amount).
- Applying organisations must have an ABN number.
- Organisations that abide by relevant State and Federal legislation, as applicable; for example, in respect to Working with Children Screening, Criminal Record Checking and Liquor Control.
Invoicing and funding
If your grant application is successful you are required to:
- Submit an invoice within one month of the notification of a successful grant application.
- Applicants will be required to sign a Declaration and Acceptance - Grant Terms and Conditions form within one month of the notification of a successful grant application.
- All grant applications are exclusive of GST.
A project evaluation report and a project acquittal form are to be submitted within three months of the project’s completion.
If the project is for longer than six months it is a condition that the group complete an interim evaluation report every six months for the duration of the project, as well as submit a final evaluation report within three months of the completion of the project.