RSC is actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
We aim to conform to a level of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
Below are a range of accessibility features that have been implemented on this site:
Technical Specifications RSC support the following up-to-date standards compliant browsers:
- Alternative text for images provides a brief description of the image
- Date pickers - can have the date typed in directly
- Documents and publications are in Acrobat PDF format
- Links - all internal open in the same window
- External links on this site may open in a new window without informing the user. We are working towards fixing this issue
- Navigation menu is accessible via touch screens
- Responsive design for mobile devices through to desktop
- Tables – where practical tables are only used to display tabular information with row and column headings
- Text resizing – using the zoom and increase font function in your browser's menu
- We endeavour to provide enough contrast ratio to avoid colour combinations difficult to read. To learn how to change preferred text and background colours in your browser visit:
- Video plugins – there are known issues with these third party plugins. For more information see Using YouTube with a screen reader.
Feedback We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of our website
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
If you experience any accessibility barriers on the RSC website, please contact us
with details of your experience.