Don't trust your tired self
Regional roads on long weekends and weekends are inundated with metropolitan drivers escaping the city for a holiday break. These ‘road-trips’ often entail long regional drives, sparking concerns of an increase in tired drivers on WA regional roads.
Fatigue is a silent killer. As a driver, fatigue can slow your reactions and decisions, decrease your tolerance, result in poor lane tracking, affect your capability of maintaining speed, and decrease your alertness.
Between 2012-2016, 21% of regional road fatalities involved fatigue as a contributing factor.
Fatigue is a silent killer on WA roads
Don’t trust your tired self
- Regional television April to June (covering Easter weekend, school holidays, Anzac Day and WA Day long weekend);
- Network 10 – fatigue community message read live in News/ Weather (Mon-Thurs, in the lead up to long weekends);
- Metro radio live reads (Australian Traffic Network) reminding community of the dangers of driver fatigue, in the lead up to long weekends;
- Spotify and Big Mobile in-car audio ads;
- Digital support activity including Facebook, Instagram, Catch-up TV, YouTube;
- Strategically place a highly visible billboards on the Forrest Hwy (Southbound) and Albany Highway (both directions) April-June
TelevisionMetro 30sec television commercial Regional 30sec television commercial
RadioFatigue Radio 30 Seconds (MP3, download)
DigitalRegional 6sec spot (cutdown of television commercial) Regional 15sec spot (cutdown of television commercial)