WA to shine a light on road safety
05 May 2017
Western Australia is set to glow yellow, as the Road Safety Commission shines a light on road safety for Yellow Ribbon National Road Safety Week 8 – 14 May.
WA’s calendar of National Road Safety Week events will be launched by Road Safety Minister Michelle Roberts and Commissioner Kim Papalia in South Perth on Sunday.
The week’s events include:
- A Memorial Tree will be lit up in yellow lights to commemorate the 195 people killed on WA roads in 2016, to launch National Road Safety Week.
- A public Road Safety Town Hall Meeting will be broadcast live on 6PR from the Perth Town Hall from 10am – 12 noon on Monday May 8.
- A combined meeting of Expert Panel, Advisory Body, Vulnerable Road Users Group and the Road Safety Alliances will be held Wednesday.
- Road safety experts and advocates from around the country will attend the Road Safety Forum and Networking Event.
- The public and WA Police will take part in the Motorcycle Riders Association of WA safety ride from Midland to Toodyay on Saturday.
- Perth landmarks, including Parliament House, the Bell Tower and Elizabeth Quay, will glow yellow across National Road Safety Week.
- In regional WA, the Bunbury Tower and Bunbury Lighthouse will be bathed in yellow light.
- A distracted driver display will be on show around Perth, including the CBD, Fremantle, Joondalup and Claremont across the week.