In consultation with the Research Review Committee, the Commission scopes the planned program of research for the year. For 2018/19 the topics proposed for further research include:
- Lane departure warning trial – regional WA.
- Speed management.
- Vulnerable road users and technology to improve safety in urban areas.
- Driver distraction on high speed roads.
- Motorcycle safety a review of popular routes.
- Regional and remote road safety, Kimberley WA.
- Intersection crashes.
- Safe vehicles and elderly drivers.
- Post crash care.