FatigueFatigue is a factor when driving long distances around our state and we want you to stay safe.
Plot your journey based on distances and keep track of your mileage so you always know how far you’ve travelled.
- Remember to get plenty of rest the night before a long trip. You should not be driving if you feel tired or if you have been awake for a long period of time.
- Remember to take regular breaks from driving to relax and admire the sights.
- Share the journey with a friend and swap drivers regularly.
- Drinking water is a good idea to prevent fatigue, so carry at least 4-5 litres of water per person, per day.
- Stop and take a break at roadside rest areas and recommence your journey when you feel refreshed.
Refer to the link below from Main Roads for Rest Areas and Roadside Amenities while travelling.
Link to Main Road Rest Areas
Using your overseas driver's licence while driving in Western Australia